Search engine optimization (SEO) is defined as: the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
Just like the internet, SEO has changed so much since its inception. Every website must use SEO tools to be found in search engine results. There were many practices early on designed to trick the search engines, but Google quickly updated their algorithms and those websites plummeted. Follow the tips below for the best SEO practices in 2019.
- Define your SEO goals and make a plan. Without focus, your SEO campaign will get you nowhere. Strategize your focus keywords and content to match your goals.
- Plan your keywords carefully. Chasing a high volume, competitive keyword without a budget will not help your rankings. Alternatively, using keywords that put you on page 1 of search, but no one is searching for them will not help your business.
- Optimize pages that matter the most. The home page, products, and services pages should all be optimized for search. The secondary pages are important, but you do not need to spend as much time on these as the targeted pages.
- Plan your blog posts to match your SEO goals. Blogs can provide SEO value when they are executed with a smart, long-tail keyword strategy and engaging content.
- Optimize the most important pictures with alt-tags. Pictures of products should have keywords filled out in all tags. Stuffing keywords into pictures of stock images are not important, don’t waste your time and effort into tagging these.
- Only produce quality content. Companies were once told to produce numerous new pages per day to help the website’s SEO. This is no longer the case. Google recognizes poor content and will penalize sites for it. Only produce quality content that adds value to your site. This will also give a good impression of your site to visitors who will in turn stay on your site longer and let Google know that you have a quality site.
These are only a few tips for you to follow when optimizing your website for SEO. Contact us for a full website audit to help you get found on search engines in 2019.